09 January 2007

2006 Extra Innings NFL Playoff Update

After shooting 75 percent on this weekend's playoff games, we now move into Divisional Round. To recap my predictions for this upcoming weekend:

Ravens over Colts Chargers over Pats Saints over Eagles
and the now-defunct Cowboys over Bears

Since that last prediction went kaput thanks to The Bobble, I now must weigh in on the new matchup.

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears.
Last week, I said that Rex Grossman isn't working as the Bears' quarterback and I still feel that way. If this franchise is going to have any long term success, they're going to have to find a solid option at quarterback. I don't know if that means playing Brian Griese or finding someone somewhere else but he can't lead the Chicago offense. When it comes to facing the Seahawks though . . . hmmm. I originally was going to write that I'm going with the Bears but I'm going to pick the Seahawks instead. Watching a healthy Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander churn through the Cowboys this weekend has shown me that despite being a 9-7 team, Seattle - now running at full health - has a chance in this post season. The Seahawks move back into the NFC Championship after this weekend.

No comments: