19 November 2006

Fisher to take on Mt. Union

For those of you paying attention to this column, you'll know that on a few occasions, I've mocked or challenged Mount Union. The Purple Raiders have won seven Empire III Championships and are consistently ranked number one in the d3football.com poll.

Beginning in 2008, Fisher will play Mount Union, replacing Kings College on the schedule. Sadly, I'll have graduated and moved on by this point but I'll pay attention to the result of this game. In all likelihood, the Cardinals will probably get knocked around by the Purple Raiders at first. I'd like to think though that the learning curve will be quick and the Cardinals will eventually be able to defeat the D3 powerhouse. I really would.

A defeat of Mount Union by the hands - or wings? - of the Cardinals would most likely bring on a dramatic change in the rankings.

I can't wait.

No comments: